- All decks should be cleaned regularly
- Retro fit option for grooved boards
- Domestic or Commercial use
- Optional solution for high risk areas
- Check fit with free sample insert
- Sold in 1 metre lengths
- Not compatible with Premier deckboards
Phone to order
Lines open 7:30 - 17:00 Mon - Fri
Timber decking board surfaces are exposed to sunlight, rain and frost and will inevitably change appearance very soon after fitting. Whether the decked area is in a domestic or commercial setting it will require periodic attention to keep it looking good as well as preserving the decking's service life.
The deck boards should be cleaned and maintained with a combination of brush and a very gentle pressure wash. Decks should be cleaned at least once a year to help prevent algae growth, areas that don't enjoy much sunlight may need cleaning twice a year. At Southern Timber we stock Osmo gel to help remove more severe cases of algae growth, and for 'after treatment' we stock Osmo and Liberon deck stains and anti-slip treatment.
In some areas this regular maintenance isn’t enough to minimise the risk of a slip, stairs being the most obvious example. While it is possible to install Premier Grit Strip deckboards in new decking structures there has to be a better option for existing decks, The simplest solution, requiring the least amount of ongoing care will be to drop a RetroGrip® insert into your deckboard grooves. RetroGrip will last for years and keep you safe on your feet, what ever the weather.
1. Drop your RetroGrip® insert into the decking grooves to check it fits, it is recommended to fit two RetroGrip® inserts per standard width deck board, to ensure good anti slip coverage. RetroGrip® inserts can be cut to length with an angle grinder, using a metal cutting disc or diamond blade.
2. Pump a generous line of Geocel theWorks Adhesive or equivalent into a clean and dry decking groove, the length of each insert. The adhesive should fill the groove to within 2-3 mm of the top of the decking board / groove.
3. Drop in the insert and push down level. Glue and drop in 1 insert at a time. DO NOT leave the adhesive for longer than 20 seconds before dropping in the RetroGrip® insert and wipe off any excess adhesive from the decking.
4. Leave for 12 - 24 hours to cure. DO NOT walk on during this time. Leave for longer to cure if the outside temperature is below 5 degrees centigrade.
Please note, in high footfall commercial areas or when using on uneven decking, use RetroGrip® Screws and a power drill, to screw down the inserts. Please ask for more details.
Our Premier deckboards can be purchased with a factory installed grit insert. The Premier deckboard cannot however be used with the Retrofit product