OSB3 T&G Features
- 18mm OSB3 Sheets
- Consistent thickness & size
- Tongue Groove on four sides
- Size 2400mm x 600mm
- Structurally graded
- BBA approved
Phone to order
Lines open 7:30 - 17:00 Mon - Fri
OSB3 is available in square edged and T&G formats, we no longer stock OSB2 because OSB3 is a better product for structural applications. All boards are sanded and machined, boards are consistent with no knots or voids to slow work down.
The tongue and groove profile makes this product ideal for platform floors, we normally stock Sterling OSB3 T&G (from Norbord) or SmartPly OSB3 T&G. These boards are BBA approved, recognised by NHBC technical standards and widely used in house-building applications
As with all timber and wood-based panels the OSB sheets may expand or contract slightly when exposed to changes of moisture in the atmosphere. Ideally they should be stored under the same atmospheric conditions as their final destination for at least 48 hours prior to fixing the boards. The Tongue and Groove OSB3 has an inbuilt expansion gap included in the T&G joint, but a 10mm expansion gap, or a total of 2mm per metre of boarding, (whichever is the greater), must be left at perimeters and upstands for both square edged and Tongue and Groove panels.
The following general fixing instructions should be noted:
- Panels must be laid with long edges at 90° to supports and short edge joints must be staggered.
- All short edges must be supported on joists/studs or noggins.
- Panel edges must bear approx. 18mm onto joists.
- Nailing must be at least 8mm from the panel edges.
- All T&G joints should be glued with a D3 PVA adhesive.
- Panels should be fixed using approx. 3mm ring-shank nails or screws of 50mm in roofing.
- Gluing of the panels to the joists increases the strength of the structure.