Timber Merchant Sales Apprenticeship
At Southern Timber we are one of the largest and fastest growing independent Timber Merchants in the South West. Based at our sizeable Ipplepen site, we deliver timber and associated products across Devon, Cornwall and beyond. The sales office and shop has recently undergone a major redevelopment, making for a fantastic working environment. This is a great opportunity to kick start a career in a dynamic business that is passionate about providing outstanding service to our customers in an industry that is thriving.
We are looking for a confident team player who can work efficiently and flexibly in a fast-paced sales environment. As an Apprentice you will receive on the job training which will lead to a nationally accredited qualification.
Working hours will be 9.00-17.00 Monday-Friday and some Saturday mornings depending upon age.
Responsibilities will include:
• Serving customers in our shop
• Providing estimates
• Taking orders and processing payments
• Answering the phone and making sales calls
• Further duties and responsibilities as knowledge grows
• Good Maths and English skills (A*-C in both subjects or equivalent is preferable)
• Good communicator
• Ability to work on own and use initiative
• Ability and willingness to learn
• Computer literate
• A great team player
• Full UK driving licence is beneficial but not essential
To apply, please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org