Vacancies at Southern Timber
Southern Timber have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate. We are looking for a dynamic team player to slot into a fast-paced sales environment with an immediate start.
We are one of the largest and fastest growing independent Timber Merchants in the South West. Based at our sizeable Ipplepen site, we deliver timber and associated products across Devon, Cornwall and beyond. Providing excellent products and customer service at the right price.
We believe that the growth of our business comes from our valued employees. We offer training to support employee’s personal development and opportunities for progression within the business. Recent development of the site means that we work in a modern office environment, employing the latest technology.
Working hours will be 07.30-17.00 Monday-Friday and some Saturday mornings
Responsibilities will include:
- Serving customers in our shop
- Providing estimates
- Taking orders and processing payments
- Answering the phone and making sales calls
- Further duties and responsibilities as knowledge increases
- Good Maths and English skills (GCSE A*-C in both subjects or equivalent is preferable)
- Good communicator
- Ability to work on own and use initiative
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Computer literate
- A great team player
- Full UK driving licence is beneficial but not essential
- £10+ per hour depending on experience
- Staff discount on all products once probation period is served
- Closed on Bank Holidays and over Christmas
- Earn extra holiday days over length of your service
To apply, please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org