At Southern Timber we stock mainly 12.5mm plasterboard and a smaller number of 9.5mm, the thicker size is most often used and offers increased rigidity. The usual sheet size is 2400 x 1200, smaller sizes may be specified for roof work because of their reduced weight and ease of handling.
‘Standard’ plasterboard is a layer of hardened plaster sandwiched between two layers of paper and used to line stud partitioning, ceilings and used in dry lining. Most plasterboards come with a white paper face and the other side a grey, thicker paper face. The white paper side is the front and will accept plastering and other finishes – the grey side is not suitable for any finish.
All gypsum based plasterboards offer some fire protection, but Gyproc FireLine offers improved performance. Other more specialist plasterboards including Gyproc Moisture Resistant, Gyproc SoundBloc and Wallboard Duplex fire check plasterboard can be found elsewhere on this website
Plasterboard & dry-lining products normally kept in stock include:
- 9.5mm standard square edge (2400mm x 1200mm);
- 12.5mm standard square edge (2400mm x 1200mm);
- 12.5mm standard square edge (1800mm x 900mm);
- 12.5mm Moisture Resistant Plasterboard (2400mm x 1200mm);
- 12.5mm SoundBloc Plasterboard (2400mm x 1200mm);
- 12.5mm FireLine plasterboard (2400mm x 1200mm);
- 12.5mm Wallboard Duplex Vaporcheck plasterboard (2400mm x 1200mm);
We also carry bonding compound, bonding plaster & multifinish, scrim jointing tape and dry-lining screws. Other specialist boards and ancillary dry-lining products are available to order.
Phone to order
Lines open 7:30 - 17:00 Mon - Fri