Walnut Worktops, also known as European Walnut worktops, have always provided an alternative to oak and beech. Now American Black Walnut and Iroko are starting to encroach on European Walnut. All three timbers exhibit a rich medley of colours especially when compared to beech and birch.
Standard Walnut Worktops
Standard worktops feature solid timbers in 40mm wide staves which are finger jointed with glue under high pressure. Any worktops designated as prime means a more stringent matching of stave colours and appearance. When the staves are glued the worktops are then cut to size and sanded to a fine 150 grit finish. Edges are squared as standard.
All the worktops we supply are manufactured in Europe. This helps with the monitoring of production quality and also helps to keep lead times down to a minimum. We don’t keep worktops on site. ALL worktops are obtained to special order which normally takes between 3 and 7 working days.
Exotic Worktops Options
The current range of worktops includes Ash, Bamboo, Bamboo (Caramel), Beech, Beech (Prime) Birch, Black Oak, Cherry, Iroko, Maple, Oak, Oak (Prime), Rubberwood, Sapele, Walnut, Walnut (Black American), Wenge and Zebrano.
27mm Worktop Options
(1) Walnut Worktop 3 Metre X 620mm X 27mm
(2) Walnut Worktop 3 Metre X 960mm X 27mm
(3) Walnut Worktop 4 Metre X 620mm X 27mm
40mm Worktop Options
(4) Walnut Worktop 2 M X 620mm X 40mm
(5) Walnut Worktop 2 M X 720mm X 40mm
(6) Walnut Worktop 2 M X 960mm X 40mm
(7) Walnut Worktop 3 Metre X 620mm X 40mm
(8) Walnut Worktop 3 Metre X 720mm X 40mm
(9) Walnut Worktop 3 Metre X 960mm X 40mm
(10) Walnut Worktop 4 Metre X 620mm X 40mm
(11) Walnut Worktop 4 Metre X 720mm X 40mm
(12) Walnut Worktop Upstand 3 Metre x 80mm x 18mm
(13) Walnut Plinth 3 Metre x 150mm x 20mm
Worktop availability and appearance
Finally, we don’t keep worktops in stock at our Devon Warehouse. All worktops are obtained to special order which normally takes between 3 and 7 working days.
Because of the natural qualities of wooden worktops each worktop will be unique – i.e. no two worktops are alike. Additionally almost all natural wood darkens over time as it matures. Therefore new solid wood worktops will often appear lighter when first delivered, then they will change over the months to acquire the final colour hue. Also please note that any items stood on the worktop during this period will slow, or even stop, this natural process of colour change. Other colour changes can occur depending on how frequently the worktop is oiled.
Phone to order
Lines open 7:30 - 17:00 Mon - Fri